How to apply
Applications are only accepted through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for the Family Medicine, Internal Medicine Categorical and Internal Medicine Preliminary programs. All positions are offered through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
- 1905140C0 Categorical Internal Medicine (3 years)
- 1905140P0 Preliminary Internal Medicine (1 year)
- 1905120C0Family Medicine (3 Years)
Applicants with one of the following qualifications are eligible for appointment to Prince George’s Hospital Center:
a. Graduates of medical schools in the United States and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
b.Graduates of colleges of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
c.Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada who meet one of the following qualifications:
- holds a currently-valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates prior to appointment; or,
- holds a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a United States licensing jurisdiction in his or her current ACGME specialty/subspecialty program; or,
d. Graduates of medical schools outside the United States who have completed a “Fifth Pathway” program provided by an LCME accredited medical school.
a. The Hospital’s ACGME accredited programs select from among eligible applicants on the basis of residency program related criteria such as their preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills and personal qualities such as motivation and integrity. The programs will not discriminate with regard to sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability or any other applicable legally protected status.
b. In selecting from among qualified applicants, the Hospital’s programs will participate in an organized matching program, such as the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), where such is available.
a. An applicant invited to interview for a resident position will be informed, in writing or by electronic means, of the terms, conditions, and benefits of appointment to the ACGME-accredited program, either in effect at the time of the interview or that will be in effect at the time of his or her eventual appointment.
1. Information that is provided will include: financial support; vacations; parental, sick, and other leaves of absence; and professional liability, hospitalization, health, disability and other insurance accessible to residents/fellows and their eligible dependents.